Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Reggie Report: Days 11-14


 Hello beloved fans, friends, and admirers!  
Before I begin telling you about my current predicament I must apologize for taking down my FB page.  The pressure to please the masses was simply too much.  Fourteen days ago the Humans and I left our home on a great adventure on a river they call the Mississippi.  I was assured by my trusted friend and confidant Quincy that this adventure couldn't possibly last more than a couple days.  Well Quince you were wrong!  It's now been over two weeks but I couldn't explain all the details here as they happened (unlike the fictitious version my  Humans have been portraying here) so instead I'll tell you about the last 4.  My humans and I are STILL sharing sleeping accommodations, a fact I Find insufferable. Somehow they think it is acceptable to set aside a corner of the tent while they take the rest. Daves feet smell horrible! Everyday we pack all of our things into a couple bags and spend time without end in the canoe.  The day ends when we have arrived at a new location, set up my tent, eat, sleep and do it all over again.  This is absurd.  Why would they leave a perfectly good place to camp?  I am confused.  The Humans are not hopless however.  They are stopping throughout the day to play with me or take me for walks, I enjoy them.    Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention the concerns I had for the Humans,  specifically Dave.  Up until the last couple days he has been obsessed with Chippy (for those of you who have not encountered this evil force Chippy comes in many forms and goes by squirrel, chipmunk...etc).  Each day after dinner he and Momma go around in circles about how to best protect our food from Chippy.  It's a evil mutant rat for goodness sakes!  It doesn't have super powers, aside from disappearing at the base of trees!  One night they put the food in plastic bags they call dry bags and hid them under the canoe.  Really?  Under the canoe?  Anyway, papa was asking momma if they could still get at it. Come on dude what are they going to do? Gather a chippy army and lift it up?  Silly Human.  Anyway we have seen many cool animals as of late and are as follows: River Otter, wolf, deer, painted turtle, frogs, muskrat, beaver, and a porcupine swimming!  And as for the Birds I mention this specifically for you McGee.  Im sure we have seen more than are listed here and may have mis identified them.  Yes, I know you know more about them then me...I'm a dog.  Either way I thought you would like to know.  Birds: Swan, Bald eagle, loon, Red wing Black bird, Great Blue Heron and a grey heron, loads of ducks, Raven, Blue Jay, King Fisher, ruby throated Humming bird, Osprey, palliated woodpecker, crows, thrush, and dozens more I don't know the name of. 
Here are some bullet points of logistical matters that some of you may find interesting:
Day 11- paddled 34 miles despite passing several good campsites and instead stayed in some guys yard.  There was a dog there that reminded me of you Phil! Miss ya roomie.

Day 12- paddled 27miles and took several. Stayed at a great campsite called Scott's Rapids

Day 13- paddled 35 miles.  Passed a great campsite with plenty of room to play and walk.  Instead we camped at a cramped spot atop a hill.  Momma tied me to the table fearing I would plung into the river.

Day 14- paddled 11 miles.  Short day in the boat! Maybe they have come to their senses?  Nice long walk into town, naps and playing! 

Lastly a shoutout to my hommies whom I miss dearly: Phil, Quincy, Emma, Takota, Tahoe, and Sappa!  

P.S. What is this Brainard place?  Humans also keeping talking about The Twin Cities.  If we are going there I look forward to seeing human family Laura, Blake, and Henry and friends Lindsey and Caleb!


4 comments:

  1. Don't worry Reggie the time will pass quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what an adventure for Reginald so far! What days do you believe you'll be in the twin cities?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Reggie! Your stories remind me of one of your relatives, Achilles. Great narrating must run in the family. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just updated myself on all your posts thus far! Glad to hear that things are going well for all 3 of you and that you've had such neat experiences! Looking forward to seeing you soon enough (as long as the timing is right and we're home!

    ReplyDelete